Process Technology is a leader in design and innovation of cutting edge heating equipment for semiconductor and surface finishing industries. With a track record of innovation, we make things thermally possible for our customer base around the world.
Headquartered in Willoughby OH, with production facilities in Mentor OH and Amery WI, we have been the leading manufacturer of electric immersion heaters, heating and cooling coils, controls, instantaneous heaters, liquid level controls, over temperature protection systems, power supplies and accessories, since 1978. Process Technology has the most comprehensive and diverse product line globally to suit customer-specific applications.
We are constantly seeking top talent to become part of and grow with our team to achieve greater possibilities. Join the team that makes difficult processes thermally possible!
Process Technology is an equal opportunity employer and offers a competitive compensation and generous benefit packages. We look forward to receiving your application!
Process Technology is a rapidly growing leader in the design, innovation, and manufacturing of industrial heating and power supply equipment.
Location: Amery, WI
Position reports to: Department Manager
Why This Role Matters This is an opportunity to create an impact as a leader in an innovative company on a growth trajectory.
Keys to success in this role:
- Improve the quality of our operational processes and outputs
- Ensure that processes and products consistently meet established quality standards
Who You Are
The Quality Engineer will be a result-oriented, high-quality-of-work leader in the organization. You will be designing quality standards, inspecting materials, equipment, processes, and products, developing quality control systems, and determining corrective actions. You will also work with managers and supervisors, suppliers and customers to implement quality measures. A successful Quality Engineer should have excellent troubleshooting and communication skills and be able to ensure that processes and products consistently meet established quality standards.
Who We Are
Process Technology is a leader in design and innovation of equipment for critical manufacturing processes. We make things thermally possible. Our company has facilities based in Mentor and Willoughby, Ohio as well as Amery, Wisconsin. We are a tight-knit team that thrives on positive collaboration and open communication.
- Positivity – A can-do attitude that starts every discussion with YES!
- Respect – Treat every person as a valued customer!
- Openness – Transparency and trust!
- Teamwork – ONE team focused on shared results!
- Excellence – Passion for quality in everything we do!
- Customer – Customer first, always!
Process Technology Style
- Goal oriented – We collaborate to find the best approach to align and achieve our goals to ensure the best results are attained
- Metric driven – We set realistic and achievable goals and standards with well-laid project plans
- People focused – We care about our team; we promote a healthy work-life balance; we are respectful of the roles and time of other individuals
- Process oriented – We establish and respect clear processes
Quality Engineer Core Functions
- Identify and review Part Qualification documents such as First Article Inspection, Gage R&R, Process Failure Mode Effect Analysis, capability study, control plan, process validation etc.
- Developing and implementing quality standards
- Developing and implementing quality control systems
- Monitoring, analyzing, reporting and communicating quality metrics and performance.
- Inspecting and testing materials, equipment, processes, and products to ensure quality specifications are met
- Incoming, in-process, and final inspection support
- Quality inspection, including use of measurement tools and sampling plans
- Preparation of Quality reports
- Continuously improving work instructions, processes, and procedures
- Collaborating with operations managers to develop and implement controls and improvements
- Responsible for assisting with continual improvement activities to enhance the quality system, such as 5S, Kaizen lean methods, etc.
- Must be a team player
- Foster and support a world-class quality system built on continuous improvement to ensure no internal defects ship to customers
- Analyze failure, corrective, and preventive action to respond to customer complaints
- Lead teams through problem identification, root cause analysis, and corrective actions
- Experience with Quality tools, such as 8D, 5-Why, Fishbone diagrams, process mapping, etc.
- Investigating and troubleshooting product, process or production issues
Conduct supplier audits
Supplier development, validation, and supplier quality
Ensure timely resolution of supplier failure, corrective actions, and preventive actions
Develop requirements for quality inspection of incoming material from supplier
Facilitate the completion of Supplier Corrective Action Request and Vendor Quality Notices from supplier
Monitor outside service contractor’s capabilities
- Provide guidance to inspectors in scheduling the priorities of the department
- Participate in engineering design reviews and provide inputs
- Able to conduct quality training programs for production personnel
- Perform gap analysis to update procedures and documentation
- Understanding and capability to work with calibration programs
- Conducts internal and supplier audits within an ISO-9001 environment, including closing out audit findings, creating audit finding reports and determine proper corrective and preventive actions
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Use of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint to evaluate performance metrics and present reports
- Familiarity with lean manufacturing practices preferred
- Uphold company values
- Participate in cross functional activities to promote organization-wide growth
- Protect company proprietary and confidential information in accordance with the company’s confidentiality policy
- Adhere to all company policies, safety regulations and ISO processes
- Other essential duties as assigned
How This Role Impacts--and Provides Value to--Others
You will provide value to both external and internal customers by being a reliable, trusted, high integrity, well-rounded professional. They will know you have their back and provide safety, belonging and mattering in the workplace because you provide clear, consistent work in a timely manner.
- Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Word, PPT, Excel)
- Degree in quality, industrial, or mechanical engineering
- ASQ certification preferred
- 2+ years of experience in quality engineering, quality assurance, or a similar role
From this position, there are opportunities to take on some additional responsibilities and grow the position, or move into another position.
This position is fulltime, exempt. Compensation typically follows industry median. You may be eligible for an annual bonus. This is a long-term, high accountability role with some room for increased responsibility.
Process Technology offers a comprehensive and very competitive set of benefits.
Process Technology will only employ those who are legally ized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen and background investigation.
Please submit your resume and salary requirement to: firstname.lastname@example.org